Tomorrow is officially the first day of summer, and there’s nothing like summer in the city, right? When the higher temps stay for good, any local should take advantage of New York City in one of its best seasons. Check out what you can do first in this packed summer bucket list.
The NYC Summer Bucket List
- Eat and drink on the water.
- Enjoy a scoop (or two) of ice cream.
- Drink on a rooftop.
- Visit a flea market.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Go to Shakespeare in the Park.
- Eat a lobster roll.
- Visit a beach on Long Island.
- Stop at Smorgasburg.
- Watch a movie at the park.
- Watch a fireworks display.
- Have a picnic at Central Park.
- Go to Coney Island.
- Take an outdoor yoga class.
- Walk the High Line.
- Spend the day at Governor’s Island.
- Explore some street art.
- Rent a Citibike.
- Go to the Bronx Zoo.
- Play beach volleyball at Chelsea Piers.
- Explore a new neighborhood.
- Watch a baseball game.
- Go to a free outdoor concert.
- Visit Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Kayak on the Hudson River.
What would you add to this NYC Summer Bucket List? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Author: Katina Beniaris
Born in Chicago, Katina has always been drawn to cities. She spent her college years in the heart of Chicago studying journalism and she travels to various cities every year for new experiences. When she’s not blogging, you can find her catching up on the latest pop culture sensation on Netflix.