Commuting in the city can be rough. Plugging in your headphones seems like the perfect way to escape and relax between home and work. Podcasts are certainly shaping the way we consume valuable information! When you’re stuck on another train delay, consider listening to these 14 podcasts from various genres.
Podcasts to Listen to in 2018
1. The History Chicks: Two women talk about half of the population over thousand years of history ranging from Marie Antoinette to Coco Chanel.
2. Stuff You Missed in History Class: If you’re a history fanatic, get ready to get fascinated by every single historical event and person fallen between the cracks.
3. The Daily: Michael Barbaro from the New York Times provides a fresh new take on consuming the news. This podcast is honestly my absolute favorite!
4. NPR Hourly News Summary: Updated hourly, catch the latest news in five minutes.
5. Four Finger Discount: Simpsons fans, be prepared to listen to every single episode recap of the animation series. These hosts already have six seasons almost down (and only 23 more to go)!
6. Pop Culture Happy Hour: NPR provides a lively chat covering everything in entertainment.
7. Pod Save America: Four former aides to Obama spark a conversation about the current Trump presidency.
8. With Friends Like These: Amanda Cox sits down with liberals and conservatives to create a podcast “about listening instead of arguing.”
9. Happier with Gretchen Rubin: This podcast tagline reads, “Gretchen Rubin is HAPPIER, and she wants you to be happier too.” Build your life by listening to Gretchen’s useful and practical advice.
10. Modern Love: Modern Love is a weekly New York Times column but each week, a celebrity reads one of these essays for the podcast.
11. My Favorite Murder: Talking about murder in a comedic matter isn’t easy, but these hosts know where the line is when talking about these fascinating murders.
12. Ear Hustle: “Orange is The New Black” might make exciting television, but Ear Hustle gives an inside look at current prison life with two incarcerated men sharing their experience at San Quentin prison inside the prison’s media lab.
Bonus: The Mini Series Podcasts
13. 36 Questions – The Podcast Musical: Musical fans have to plug in this series. Starring Jonathan Groff and Jessie Shelton, listen to this couple attempting to fix their marriage with 36 questions.
14. Missing Richard Simmons: What ever happened to fitness guru, Richard Simmons? You probably have never asked this question yourself. But, this podcast unfolds this question into an incredible pop culture mystery and piece of investigative journalism.
Did we miss some of your favorite podcasts? Share them in the comments below.
Like Lost & Found in the City on Facebook.
Author: Katina Beniaris
Born in Chicago, Katina has always been drawn to cities. She spent her college years in the heart of Chicago studying journalism and she travels to various cities every year for new experiences. When she’s not blogging, you can find her catching up on the latest pop culture sensation on Netflix.